Siraji Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export vm operator.

Hi,

I am trying to run "export vm operator" however looking for some clarity on one of the inputs "path". In the description about this input this is what it reads (screenshot attached).

path - Local directory path on the RAS to write the ovf template files.  The directory must already exists.
Examples: "C:\ovf_templates\exported_vm", "/ovf_templates/exported_vm"

My query is that " Can I not have ovf template file on local machine (the OO Client machine) ? Why go to RAS server ?

Thanks,

Sam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Sam_Liu Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Export vm operator.

Thank you for posting the inquiry. We will investigate and get back to you.

0 Likes
Sam_Liu Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Export vm operator.

The operation runs on the RAS machine, it doesn't have any access to the filesystem of the client machine. Additionally there might be 0 or more than one client connected to OO when this operation runs.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.