Honored Contributor.. Dimiter Todorov Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Failure to execute Sleep action occasionally. - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

Just moved some flows from OO 9 to OO 10, then followed the process to create the content pack.

It executes fine inside studio and even inside central.

However sometimes the flow will have to work for 3-5 hours, with most of that time spent inside sleep operations.

I noticed that several times already I get the following error. I checked, and there is no underlying connection issues.

[WorkerExecutionThread-18_192400772] (ExecutionServiceImpl.java:470) ERROR - Error occurred during operation execution. Execution id: 192400772
com.hp.oo.internal.sdk.execution.FlowExecutionException: Failed to execute content action: com.hp.oo:oo-base-plugin:1.0.47 -> Sleep
Reason: null

at com.hp.oo.execution.reflection.ReflectionAdapterImpl.executeControlAction(ReflectionAdapterImpl.java:58)
at com.hp.oo.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeStep(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:468)
at com.hp.oo.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeHelper(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:129)
at com.hp.oo.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.execute(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:87)
at com.hp.oo.execution.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.run(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:81)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.oo.execution.services.WorkerThreadFactory$1.run(WorkerThreadFactory.java:23)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor712.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.oo.execution.reflection.ReflectionAdapterImpl.executeControlAction(ReflectionAdapterImpl.java:48)
... 11 more
Caused by: com.hp.oo.internal.sdk.execution.FlowExecutionException: Failed to execute content action: com.hp.oo:oo-base-plugin:1.0.47 -> Sleep
Reason: null
at com.hp.oo.execution.control.actions.contentexecution.ContentExecutionActions.executeContentAction(ContentExecutionActions.java:127)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.updateSessionContext(PluginAdapterImpl.java:199)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.execute(PluginAdapterImpl.java:116)
at com.hp.oo.execution.control.actions.contentexecution.ContentExecutionActions.executeContentAction(ContentExecutionActions.java:84)
... 15 more

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Honored Contributor..

Re: Failure to execute Sleep action occasionally. - java.lang.NullPointerException

So, I have tried several different variations.

I scheduled different jobs with different sleep counts.

They always error out at either 30mins or 60mins.

Curious if anyone else can try setting up a flow that cycles through a sleep/random number generator/counter.

This is on OO10

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Re: Failure to execute Sleep action occasionally. - java.lang.NullPointerException

This appears to be a defect in OO 10 according to HP support. Seems like every 30 minutes some sort of background task runs on executing flows.

Will try to get a hotfix from engineering I guess.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.