Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Field size limitations

Jump to solution

HPOO 10.7 - I am collecting a large amount of data that has to be reported back to the user via email. Much of it seems to be truncated when the email arrives. What are the size limitations I'm hitting?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AngelOO
Visitor.

Re: Field size limitations

Jump to solution

Hi James

The SendMail uses an action from the CloudSlang open source project. Its source code can be checked here:

https://github.com/CloudSlang/cs-actions/blob/master/cs-mail/src/main/java/io/cloudslang/content/mail/services/SendMail.java

As you can see , the operation does not set any limitatioins or perform any truncate operations on the "body".

If you see such behavior, perhaps this is caused by external infrastructure

5 Replies
Josue_G_OO Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

can you be more specific about which OO Flow are you using and Content Pack version ?

Regards

Josue Gómez
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I'm using HPOO 10.7 with Base Content Pack 1.10.0

/Base [1.10.0]/Library/Operations/Email/Send Mail

It seems I have narrowed it to the how much the "body" input will allow?

0 Likes
AngelOO
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi James

The SendMail uses an action from the CloudSlang open source project. Its source code can be checked here:

https://github.com/CloudSlang/cs-actions/blob/master/cs-mail/src/main/java/io/cloudslang/content/mail/services/SendMail.java

As you can see , the operation does not set any limitatioins or perform any truncate operations on the "body".

If you see such behavior, perhaps this is caused by external infrastructure

levend-sayar Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

It seems there is a limitation to write info into the body (I mean into the box when you select Use Constant) within SendMail flow within OO Studio.

I had defined a few new inputs such as mailstart, mailserverinfo, mailuserinfo,mailend. I have written necessary info into these. Then I have defined the body input as below by choosing Use Constant :

${mailstart}${mailserverinfo}${mailuserinfo}${mailend}

You can increase the number of inputs depending to your information.

Regards

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

if you are talking about constant that indeed is controlled within the Studio.properties file by the following key:

dharma.studio.ui.input.constant.max.chars=8192 

I suggest to take a look here in the future if needed. more parameters are descirbed: https://docs.software.hpe.com/OO/10.80/Content/Use/Authoring_With_OO_Studio/Studio_Properties.htm? 

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.