Absent Member.. ZachShupp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Flow Description Styling

Evening Everyone,

As we have become more mature with OO and the flows were writing we wanted to make are flow descrriptions a little nicer to read. I was reading over the "Best Practicies Guide for Content Authoring" and found the below html items can be used.

The accepted and recommended HTML tags inside the descriptions are:
a, b, blockquote, br, cite, code, dd, dl, dt, em, i, li, ol, p, pre, q, 
small, span, strike, strong, sub, sup, u, ul
and 
appropriate attributes.

We have to show a change record in the description to make people aware of any changes. This is a requirement from our customer. I started playing with the dd.dt,dl and when you look at it in central it has horrible spacing. I tried to apply direct styling to it and it looks like it gets stripped even though the guide i was reading says "appropriate attributes".

Below is what it looks like in central, I would like to remove the big spacing between each line.

In Central.PNG

Now the below is what we got working but this is a pain in the butt to keep up with formatting where html would be much easier to maintain and pass around to the other developers.

<b>Change Record:</b>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>3/8/2016</i>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Flow created.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>3/17/2016</i>

Is there an easier way to have nicely formatted flow descriptions? does anyone have other ways of doing it there willing to share?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Rabobank Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Flow Description Styling

Hi Zach,

Within our team we just gave up, slapped some pre-tags around the entire text block and focussed upon textual formatting rather than layout or HTML-styling.

I was curious though: though I haven't personally tried it, does using the ul- and li-tags give similar results as the dd-, dl- and dt-tags?  Semantically I would prefer using ul- and li-tags anyway, because a changelog like in your example to me seems more an (unsorted) list rather than a definition list.

Perhaps those give better line spacing results?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.. LiranTal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Flow Description Styling

Interesting.

How does a styled OO flow looks like? can you provide an example?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.