naveenlingaraju Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
205 views

Flow Launch fails after upgrading to 10.80 from 10.20

Jump to solution

Hello All,

We recently upgraded HP OO to 10.80 version. After the upgrade, we are unable to launch any flow from the Central UI.

Whenever we are trying to launch, it gives me the error - "The request cannot be fulfilled due to bad syntax".

In Logs

In localhost logs, there are lots of below lines

*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:47 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:48 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/mergedConfigurationService HTTP/1.1" 200 2338
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:48 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:48 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:48 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:48 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:48 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:49 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/mergedConfigurationService HTTP/1.1" 200 2338
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:49 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:49 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:49 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:49 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:49 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:50 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/mergedConfigurationService HTTP/1.1" 200 2338
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:50 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:50 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:50 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210
*.*.*.* - - [13/Mar/2019:19:50:50 +0530] "POST /oo/central-remoting/queueDispatcherService HTTP/1.1" 200 210

Can anybody help me on this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
naveenlingaraju Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Flow Launch fails after upgrading to 10.80 from 10.20

Jump to solution

Hello All,

All the issues were resolved after setting the Persistence level in the flows. Since these persistence level were introduced in the 10.5 version.

The content packs and the flows developed in 10.2 studio, will not contain this setting. 

Thanks

Naveen

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Flow Launch fails after upgrading to 10.80 from 10.20

Jump to solution

Hello Naveen,

                   Did the upgrade to OO 10.80 finish successfully with no errors? The error you're getting comes from the Tomcat. We've seen the same issue some time ago in OO 10.2X and it was fixed on OO version 10.22.

Is this a Cluster Environment? If so, do Not restart the Central service, this may cause the cluster configuration to damage permanently.

Since you're running now OO 10.80, if you have confirmed that the upgrade was successful, my advise to you is to open a support case so that we can assist you further with the problem.

 

Regards,

Luis Quiros

0 Likes
naveenlingaraju Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Flow Launch fails after upgrading to 10.80 from 10.20

Jump to solution

Hello Luis,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the upgradation was successful from 10.2 to 10.8.

Last Friday, I did the upgrade from 10.2 to 10.7 and from 10.7 to 10.8, but now I am getting this error - "The request cannot be fulfilled due to bad syntax" when I click on Content Management -- Flow Library.

Earlier I used to get this error in both places -

"Content Management -- Flow Library"

"Run Management -- Flow Launcher".

So in one place I stopped getting the above mentioned error, but for most of the flow I am getting the below error

"There was a problem launching the flow. See the logs for details.".

Thanks

Naveen 

0 Likes
naveenlingaraju Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Flow Launch fails after upgrading to 10.80 from 10.20

Jump to solution

Hello All,

All the issues were resolved after setting the Persistence level in the flows. Since these persistence level were introduced in the 10.5 version.

The content packs and the flows developed in 10.2 studio, will not contain this setting. 

Thanks

Naveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.