Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Flow Variable Filters Not Applying

I've been working with HPOO for sometime so I have pretty good hands on knowledge of how to use filters with results. I'm having an issue where filters I have applied to operation results are not working. In studio they test correctly in the inspector, but when I run the flow in studio or Central, its like they are not even there.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
EASJosh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Flow Variable Filters Not Applying

Hi James,

Do you have examples of the filters? Are they RegEx, or simple replace type filters?

If you could provide a bit of context around the filters that'd be good.

Cheers,
Josh

--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, please click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Flow Variable Filters Not Applying

Hi,

An issue i've had in the past with filters is that some operations on occasion return the result slightly different than expected. I had one case in which i ran the flow got the result from studio, then copy paste it to the inspector, created and tested my filters, everything was fine, however on runtime my filters would not work. What had happened is that the operation itself added some extra line brakes which were lost during copy/paste and which i could not filter out (because i didn't know they existed). Because of the extra line brakes my filters would no longer match the result. 

Run your flow in studio again and in the context inspector click on the show/hide whitespace characters and then hover over the result in the inspector to see if you haven't missed any hidden marker. 

If this is not the case for you please give us more details so we can help you further.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.