Absent Member.. parkl Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Flow input not getting updated from runFlow web services input/parameter

We have an old version (7.60) of OO (yes, we are working on going to newer version).

Unless the Input Type of an input is set to "Not Assigned", it does not seem to get updated from the runFlow web services parameter.

For example, when the Input Type is defined as Not Assigned as seen below, nsServiceLinkTopicId input parameter being sent across through runFlow web services is updated properly.

However, when the Input Type is defined as Single Value, and Otherwise set to a flow variable, this is not updated by the input parameter of same name defined in the runFlow web service call, but is always the value of the Constant Value that is defined.

Is this an expected behavior? Since the flow variable is being set by the web services parameter of same name, shouldn't this use the passed in value, rather than the constant value defined?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Flow input not getting updated from runFlow web services input/parameter

Hello Parkl,

I am an OO Support representative and will assit with this question.  I know you stated that you are gonig to a newer version, what is your Content Pack (CP) level? Please give me a bit to track this down.  I need to research if this was corrected in a later version or if this is part of the product.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. parkl Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply.
This is one of custom flows that were developed, and this is one of the flow inputs. Just not sure why it needs to be set to Input Type of "Not Assigned" for it to be updated properly to the parameter value being passed in via web services...
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. jarodb Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

If you have the studio authors guide for this version page 66 should be of assistance
//Actively seeking HPOO opportunities
0 Likes
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello again Parkl,

It appears that you have a ticket open for this case.  Currently I am speaking with Josue (the OO ticket owner) and we are discussing the case.  The testing is being done in 9.07 since 7.60 is being obfuscated shortly.   I will come back if this is a bug or works as designed.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.