helloramesh Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Flow to choose option and set password.

Hi,

I'm trying to set a password for a user in HP-UX node using HPOO flow.

When I check that command  /bin/passwd <user> it further gives option to choose as follows

Pronounceable password generated for you(g)

A string of letters genrated (l)

To pick you password (p)

Enter Choice here : p

New Password:

Re-enter new password:

Password Successfully changed

Now I want to understand how can we ask our flow to go and chose the option and set the password.

Is there any way to write a flow to meet above requirement.

BR,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Felipe_A_OO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Flow to choose option and set password.

Hi there,

Within Studio (designer of flows) you can add new steps and variables to a operation, you can use flow variables to pass new data to the command.

You can use a do nothing or display operation to get the input and then pass it to the command using the flow variable, if you need to obfuscate the input you can too, it is a common practice to use a do nothing step to do more.

You can find more information on how to use inputs and flow variables in the HP OO 10.20 Studio Guide

I hope this information is what you looking for.

-best

Regards,
Felipe Alvarado S|SW Technical Support Consultant.
Operation Orchestration
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for replying.

I'm using "/Base [1.5.3]/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/Remote Command" this operation to meet the requirement.

What further I need to do in the flow.

Can you please help me with some sample flow which helps me under such scenario.

BR.

0 Likes
Felipe_A_OO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Please take a look at the next screenshots on how to pass values to a command:

First assemble a flow with the Do Nothing operation to get the user inputs and a remote command to execute the command.

Select promt user or/and selection list to set the value to the inputs of the flow more info on how to use inputs can be found in the studio guide.

Pass the value to the command using ${variableName} in this case we use a echo to a file.

You can see the result of the command we run.

Best

Regards,
Felipe Alvarado S|SW Technical Support Consultant.
Operation Orchestration
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

HI FAlvarado  

Thank you for the lovely explanation.

I actully use the SSH SHell operation to achive the requirement.

I used the following arguments in the command.

send <command >

expectEndsWith #

send <password>

always send <password>

on expectedEndsWith :

expectedEndsWith #

This helped me to achive it easily.

Thank you everybody for suggestion 

Hope This may help others who needs it.

BR,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.