Frequent Contributor.. Bob_H Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Flow to have SCCM deploy package

Hello!  I am struggling with trying to create a flow to deploy a package in SCCM 2012.  I have OO 10.60 and the IT Operations 1.3.0 CP so I have the flow steps for SCCM.  I can create a static collection and add a server to it (Create Static Collection), create an advertisement (Create Advertisement), but what do I need to do after that to get the package to deploy?  After running the flow I have a collection with a server but it just sits there and never deploys the package.  I have an Update Advertisement step and a Request Refresh Collection, but they are not doing anything that I can see.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
EASJosh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Flow to have SCCM deploy package

Hi Bob,

What are the state of things looking like in the SCCM console (and how long have you waited after running the OO flow)? Has the deployment registered between the collection & package, and the software linked to the machine? If all of these look OK, is there anything registering in the AppEnforce.log on the client machine?

It might be worth adding a check of the machine policy at the end to try and force it through.

Cheers,
Josh

--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, please click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Bob_H Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Josh,

We have a flow that creates a collection with a server, creates an advertisement with an existing package attached to it, but we have nothing running and its just sitting there...and no appenforce.log on the client.  We have let it run for hours and it never goes.

I have added a "Request Refresh Collection" step but it doesn't help.

Bob

0 Likes
EASJosh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Bob, 

Apologies for the length of time to reply to this.

Is this issue existing on multiple machines or have you only tried the one? If there is no appenforce.log on the machine, it sounds like something is up with the client as oppose to this one package installation..

Cheers,
Josh

--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, please click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.