David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Generate email to continue a process

Hi,

I am migrating a process workflow from CA's ITPAM to HP oo and need to configure it. My current process in IT PAM is as follows.
1) Someone submits a url via a form for a self-created application which writes the url into a txt file.
2) This starts the process which branches off into 2 parallel lanes
3) Lane 1 will read the file and generate an email which contains a link to continue the process which is then sent to a list of users.
4) Lane 2 ensures that only approved users (who have logged into ITPAM after clicking the link in the email) can continue the process (as how to continue the process is via the clicking of the link in the email).
5) Steps 3 and 4 join back together to continue the process.

Capture.JPG

My questions are
1) How do I generate the email which contains a link to continue this specific process pending a users action.

2) How do I set the list of approved users who must log into hp oo to be verified as an approved user who is able to continue the process?

I understand that I am able to accomplish at least part of my questions via a gated transistion but I can't seem to find a working example of a gated transistion. Any help with my questions or with supplying a working example of a gated transisiton would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.