David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Generating Documentation from OO Studio

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

Trying to use the inbuilt documentation function in OO Studio to generate documentation. Would stick to the Standard Format except I need to modify it slightly to remove the "Inputs:" field shown below.|Capture.PNG

I have identifed 2 ways to do it, 

1) Create my own .vm file which will be the template to create the documentation. I would do this except I can't find any documentation on how to edit it and the syntax is somewhat different as well. 

Could anyone pass me any documentation or tell me where to access this documentation? Checked studio guide which isn't helpful in this case.

2) Edit the standard templates. And I have tried to do so but am not able to get rid of the inputs. This would be my preferred option as I am satisfied with the rest of the standard format other than the inputs.

Thanks in advance! 

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.. SMET Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Generating Documentation from OO Studio

Jump to solution

The inbuild tool is using Apache Velocity, for standard documentation as well as custom ones I believe. The latter that's for sure!

8 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Apparently those are in some <ul> and <li>. so a way to control and make those collapsable by default would be advisable

Looking at the end .html result I do not see a class for the ul so it might be hard to collapse just that particular part and not affect others if you do not add a class to the inputs section only.

inputs section in html as I see it

<ul>
<li><span class="inputLabel">xmlLocation : </span>
<span class="inputDescription">Value: </span>
</li>
<li><span class="inputLabel">xmlDocument : </span>
<span class="inputDescription">Value: </span>
</li>
</ul>

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Andrei, 

What do you mean by adding a class to the inputs section only? 

Thanks,
David

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

If the below is the inputs section's html

<ul> <li><l/i> ...</ul> I would suggest to change to:

<ul class="inputsList"> <li><l/i> ...</ul> and then move to the .css files and add some particular styles for the .inputList class so that you control the display of it.

Andrei Vasile Truta
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Not an expert on this either, but do a search on "Apache Velocity" or go directly to http://velocity.apache.org/

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification Andrei, will give it a shot!

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

are you referring to using Apache Velocity as the tool to geenrate documentation and ignore the in built function from OO?

Thanks for replying!

David

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

The inbuild tool is using Apache Velocity, for standard documentation as well as custom ones I believe. The latter that's for sure!

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hmm thanks for the heads up! Will concentrate my efforts on Apache Velocity. Haha, my team is still exploring OO so still trying to figure out which functions are best suited for us!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.