SergioB Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Get email from exchange using EWS (Business Applications v2 Content Pack)

Jump to solution

Hello

I am trying to use the "Get Email List" operation under

Bussiness Applications [2.0.0]\Library\Operations\Exchange 2010 and 2013\Emails\Get Email List

I get the error below about OO not finding the "Microsoft.Exchange.Webservices" dll
OO_error_ews.png

I installed the EWS API 2.0 from microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35371

I was also reading a document I found online (for OO 10.10) and it said that because this is not licensed, it needs to be manually updated, however I dont know how to do it..

Does anybody know where do I need to copy this dll??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: Get email from exchange using EWS (Business Applications v2 Content Pack)

Jump to solution

Hello, I got the response from HP Support.  Posting it here in case it helps anyone in the future.

Thank you for your time over the phone, these are the steps to make the operation work:

• First download the “Exchange Web Services Managed API 1.2” from here:\

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28952

Then execute the following steps:

1. Search for gacutil.exe on your client system(with studio or central or ras) It should be found in a location similar with C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\gacutil.exe
  2. If it does not exist install Microsoft sdk for your version of Windows
  3. Run gacutil.exe -l > dllsInGac.txt  and the in the file search for the following line: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL
  4. If the dll does not exist or does not have the exact same version or signature, you need do install this exact version
  5. Tip: you can search from dll on Exchange server, download it or take it from an older business-application-cp.
  6. To install it do this: gacutil.exe  /I <path_to_dll>/Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll
  7. The result should be

Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.1

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Assembly successfully added to the cache

0 Likes
1 Reply
Super Contributor.

Re: Get email from exchange using EWS (Business Applications v2 Content Pack)

Jump to solution

Hello, I got the response from HP Support.  Posting it here in case it helps anyone in the future.

Thank you for your time over the phone, these are the steps to make the operation work:

• First download the “Exchange Web Services Managed API 1.2” from here:\

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28952

Then execute the following steps:

1. Search for gacutil.exe on your client system(with studio or central or ras) It should be found in a location similar with C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\gacutil.exe
  2. If it does not exist install Microsoft sdk for your version of Windows
  3. Run gacutil.exe -l > dllsInGac.txt  and the in the file search for the following line: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL
  4. If the dll does not exist or does not have the exact same version or signature, you need do install this exact version
  5. Tip: you can search from dll on Exchange server, download it or take it from an older business-application-cp.
  6. To install it do this: gacutil.exe  /I <path_to_dll>/Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll
  7. The result should be

Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.1

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Assembly successfully added to the cache

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.