Absent Member.. ademir Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Get the Flow UUID

Hi everybody,

I need to call the getFlowDetails webservice. But I need to enter the flow uuid.

So, i try to get the Flow UUID dynamically to put it's value to the getFlowDetails operation.

I've used ${flow_uuid} in constant value or Assign From flow_uuid, but it doesn't work both on central and studio.

How can I do it ? Is it possible ?

Thanks.

Best regards.

EDIT: I use temporarily http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Support/Parameter-value-containing-the-OO-Flow-name-uuid/m-p/5327637#M91 but it's work only on central. Have any suggestions ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Get the Flow UUID

There is currently no way to get the flow uuid of the current flow from within Studio.

Edit: James Wagner posted a reply in the HLPN thread that it is possible to get the flow UUID without having to run the flow in Central.

Two caveats to this workaround:

1. The flow must be published to Central so at the very least it is in the Library path
  2. The operation must be hardcoded with the library path of the flow

Use the WSDL Import Wizard to import the OO Central webservices.

Use the 'Search' flow that is imported; drag the flow into wherever you need to grab the UUID.

Set the 'basepath' input to the library path stopping before the flow name (e.g., /Library/My Ops Flows/Steve)

Set the 'queryString' input to name:<Flow Name> (e.g., name:"Test Flow")

Add an input for username/password and provide the Central credentials (if you aren't using LWSSO)

Add a result inheriting from the output field 'document'. Then do a regex filter for

<UUID.*>.*</UUID>

0 Likes
Absent Member.. ademir Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Get the Flow UUID

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your contribution. I will continue the thread on the HPLN forum and then post the answer here.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.