Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
HB1409 Contributor.
Contributor.

Getting an Error while trying to reboot server / Executing specific commands

Hi All,

I am running into some crazy errors. 

Issue 1: Unable to Reboot Server

Note that below issue occurs only on two servers in the environment. For all other servers, this is working fine. I have even added the domain user executing below action to "Administrators" workgroup but no luck.

While trying to reboot the server using "shutdown /r" command using "Windows Command" operation; I am getting below error.

{exception=System.Exception: Error occured while executing command. Process Return Code: '5'. StdErr may have more information.
at dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg);StdErr=Access is denied.(5)
;returnCode=1;ProcessReturnCode=5;returnResult=Error occured while executing command. Process Return Code: '5'. StdErr may have more information.;StdOut=;ReturnValue=0;ProcessID=11128;sessionId=new session;isSessionOn=False;Result=Access is denied.(5)
;}

Issue 2: Unable to Execute Specific Command

Command Execution works absolutely fine normally. However, immediately after server reboot the command execution fails the below error.

Note that below issue occurs only on one server in the environment. For all other servers, this is working fine. I have checked all the options for validating issues related to RPC Services but no luck.

(exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at dotNET_Commons.WMI.WMISearch(String strHost, String strNameSpace, String strQuery, String strUser, String strPass, ImpersonationLevel il, AuthenticationLevel al, String locale)
   at dotNET_Commons.WMI.WMISearch(String strHost, String strNameSpace, String strQuery, String strUser, String strPass)
   at dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg)), (StdErr=), (returnCode=1), (ReturnCode=), (returnResult=The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)), (StdOut=), (sessionId=new session), (isSessionOn=False), (Result=)

I am unable to find any source as to who could help on above issues. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.