PSCSupport Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Getting error using Powershell in OO 10.10

Hello I wonder if there are any known issues for using Powershell in a load balanced environment?

Getting this error intermittently: "Powershell session not persisting" seems to be only related to loadbalanced aspect as lab test without loadbalancing appears to work every time. Description of the issue as follows:

OO RAS cluster of two servers. A flow initiates a powershell script with keepSessionAlive=True within a subflow and returns to the main flow. A subsequent flow tries to use the runspaceID to get back into the session. About half the time, this fails (or really, just starts a new powershell session). From what I've observed and could guess, it would appear that the cluster is balancing the execution of subflows, so about half the time, the powershell session was initiated on one server, therefore unable to be found on the other. Thankyou!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Getting error using Powershell in OO 10.10

Hi,

Correct if you need to keep PS sessions open/reuse them they have to use the same RAS/worker.

Regards,

0 Likes
PSCSupport Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Getting error using Powershell in OO 10.10

Thanks as always Chris! Can you guide me to any resources I can look at to design our PS solution to force to one RAS/worker by chance?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.