Absent Member.. Tanveerahmed9 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP OMI - HPOO Integration

Hi All,

we have been trying to create create an alert in OMI through , we could not find any operation in OO , but after exploring we came to a conclusion that this can be done through opcmsg utility using Remote command execution. I am not sure how to use this utility do we need to install any agent in OO central for this , if yes where can this agent be found.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Trimuk Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP OMI - HPOO Integration

No need to install any agent if you are trying with remote command operation. Create a flow which uses a remote command operation(windows)/ssh command operation(linux) to make a connection to remote server where agent is installed and execute opcmsg utility to generate the alert.

Thanks,

Trim

Absent Member.. Tanveerahmed9 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks a lot :).

Just one more thing though in  the inputs do we need to give the hostname of DPS Server or The gateway server for OMI

0 Likes
SGS16 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

I am new to hpoo tool..can u explain in detail how to create a alert in HPOO.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Omi should do the monitoring. An event is triggered and you can do a hook in omi to trigger an OO flow when the event occurs.

Do you need more than that?

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I rememberd about a video that was done a while ago. should provide more info about what I was mentioning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MripbHbImn4 

hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
SGS16 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI,

I need to how to make connections between OMI and HPOO central and studio?.if we get a alert how to trigger the flow. is that flow developed using hpoo studio  then what activity we need to use to trigger that flow.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.