mostafa_hassan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HP OO DR Best practices document

Dears,
I am looking for HP OO Best practices document for DR scenarios.what's HP recommend to have in cases of advanced scenarios.

Best Regards
Mostafa Hassan
Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP OO DR Best practices document

Hello Mostafa,

I am an Operations Orchestration Support representative, I will be researching according to your request.

Please give me a bit more time and I’ll be back as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Mostafa,

I hope you are great.

Regarding your request, I have been researching about this to confirm if there is a best practice guide or some similar information for Disaster Recovery and I have found some information that could help you, please take a look:

This documentation about DRP

> http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA2-2314ENW&cc=us&lc=en

By other hand I found others ways to do a back up and restore of HPOO 10.0x and 9.0x:

https://connections.houston.hp.com/message/167067#167067 (9.07 HPOO)

https://connections.houston.hp.com/message/168802#168802 (10.0X HPOO)

I hope this information help you, but if doesn't, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
mostafa_hassan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Sussan, 

Thanks for your feedback, 

For the first link it's explain HP OO capabilities for DR processes from overall view, Hence we have some in details advanced scenarios we are requesting more technical detailed document .

For Second and third link it's for HP internals only since we are partners we don't have access to these documents.

Regards

Mostafa Hassan

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Mostaffa,

Thanks for your quick response.

Regarding the links please take a look the information:

1> HPOO 9.07

To restore a repository

1. From the Repository menu, choose Import Repository.

2. In the Select Repository Directory (or a .jar/.zip… dialog, navigate to the backup that you want to restore, and then click Open.

A folder that contains a repository has three subfolders: .idx, .tmp, and data.

After checking the public repository for version conflicts with the objects that you want to import, OO imports the repository.

3. If there are conflicts, resolve them as you do when you import repositories.

For more information on importing repositories, see Importing a repository.

PS: you can find this information in Studio_AuthorsGuide.pdf (9.0x) (page167)

2> 10.10

> Backing up the HP OO Database (page17) - (OO10.10_Database_Guide.pdf)

> Backing Up the Central Security Files (page 42) - (OO10.10_Installation_Guide.pdf)

In order to take a successful backup you need to follow the next steps:

1. ) The complete contents of the OO_HOME folder where OO is installed.
  2. ) The complete contents of the OO_HOME folder on any standalone RASes you have installed
  3. )The DB that OO is using. The backup should be done in such a way that when it is restored, the user that OO uses to access the DB is the same,  so OO can connect to the DB without any modifications.

Backups are generally outside of OO – Normally a Full Server backup (3rd party product) and full DB backup would be what you would do.  Both are 3rd party products to use and would be done according to the Backup tools doc. They should plan to recover it like any other production server they use –

Server backup’s for any OO servers and DB backup in sync.  The closer in time they are the less likely of a mismatch with a restore.

This method provides specific filesystems which 99% of the time would cover it and are more specific. However if something was done to the server that effected OO that method does not resolve it – Versus a full server backup would.

PS: Regarding your request Technical detailed document, please give me a bit more time to research about it and I have attached some documents .pdf

I hope this answer help you.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an Accept Solution.
Thank you

Sussan Zamora
HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.