Trusted Contributor.. BabuSH Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

HP-OO Executing VB script on remote machine

Jump to solution
Hi, I am new to OO How to execute the VBScript on remote machines? and fetch the result . Regards, Babu
Hussain
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP-OO Executing VB script on remote machine

Jump to solution

Did you try printing messages in .vbs. After that you can get the output in the step.

PrintMsg "MySearchValue:xxx", "Info"

PrintMsg "I got error.", "Error"

I had needed output from a .bat file and I printed into a log file. Then read that file and got my result.

echo ***MySearchString:MySearchValue >> %Log_File%

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should use the "remote command execution" operation (/Library/Operations/Operating Systems/Windows Management/Remote Command Execution) with WMI commands. To run the script use "csript" windows command as input.

For example on remote windows machine run command "cscript \windows\temp\sample_script.vbs"

Regards.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your promt replay.

I had used the "Remote command execution" Operation,it is executing fine in end system.

But how to fetch the required result from the script to the flow?

Below I am mentioning the sample script I had used.

Script:

Dim installer,msiVersion

msiVersion=getMsiVersion

Function getMsiVersion
 set installer = createobject("windowsinstaller.installer")
 getMsiVersion=installer.version

End Function

How can I get the result "msiVersion" in to my flow and use it for further process?

Regards,

Babu

Hussain
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Did you try printing messages in .vbs. After that you can get the output in the step.

PrintMsg "MySearchValue:xxx", "Info"

PrintMsg "I got error.", "Error"

I had needed output from a .bat file and I printed into a log file. Then read that file and got my result.

echo ***MySearchString:MySearchValue >> %Log_File%

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I  used " Remote Command Execution" operation and in result selected stdout .It solved my problem.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Babu

Hussain
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.