Super Contributor.. Brett Simpson_1 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP OO High Availability - Not Really?

Hi All,

I'm just wondering, am i the only person frustrated with the HA solutions for the latest rounds of HP Software? I come from an OVO/OM background. We're currently looking at putting OMi10.X, SHR 9.4 and OO 10.2X in. Looking at OMi and OO, its a backward step as far as application availability goes. We use "Server Pooling" in OM(L), and while it requires you to ensure you have procedures in place to keep the configuration in sync between OM servers, we have had 0 (yes, thats right 0) downtime for our OM service. Why, because we can patch, troubleshoot, restore each OM instance, while still having the service available via the other instance.

To me, the HA offered in OO and OMi, simply covers the old hardware failure, and maybe OS corruption scenarios. It does NOT make the application HA. I mean, how do you sell to your business, "Please, we want to make OO the core of our automation, but by the way, any time we need to patch, we have to bring the entire solution offline and stop all business transactions..."

Am i being overly critical, and long term users of OO can offer reassurance of how they've maintained uptime and limit business impact for application patching?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.