mahdi_gara1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

HP OO Studio Cloud content pack for Openstack

Hi there, 

i'm trying to use the Cloud content pack in HP OO Studio to create a server in Openstack based infrastructure. For that, i'm using a predefined flow in the openstack/compute folder called "Create server". The flow requires some inputs that i must provide. Everything is working good except one for the "networks" input.

I followed the content packs docs and after understanding the inputs types, u found that i should provide a json array for the networks input. 

when i try fo type this code in the input field, it dosen't work 

{
        "uuid": "9f2989d3-c859-4ff5-ae0b-163e4562ea38"
      }

However, when i test it with a RESTfull request with postman client, it works perfectly wih this code :

{
  "server": {
    "name": "test-vm9",
    "imageRef": "c441edbf-8c24-4464-b4e6-7f96dce73be6",
    "flavorRef": "0",
    "networks": [
      {
        "uuid": "9f2989d3-c859-4ff5-ae0b-163e4562ea38"
      }
    ]

}
}

PS: the error i got in HP OO Studio is a 400 bad request. So, i think it is not reading the "networks" field properly.

Any Help please? 

Regards, 

0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HP OO Studio Cloud content pack for Openstack

It seems that networks is an array thus you will need to place the []

networks - A JSON Array of objects each defining a network that will be attached to the newly launched instance. You can retrieve network IDs using the operation Get Network Details, in the Openstack/Networking folder.
Example: [{"uuid":"b21b0f6b-0a69-4034-be3f-efb5102f1387"}]

It can be seen in the code that the step that adds the networks does not add an []. that is the reason why you need to place it in the very beginning.Screenshot_47.png

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
mahdi_gara1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Andrei ,

when checking the different steps reports in the HP OO Studio, it pretty adds the [] notation of the array but it still showing me the 400 bad request message. 

Regards,

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Is the Json computed by HPE OO looking similar to the one you used in Postman?

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.