Gatesgopal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP OO Web Services Integration

Hi,

Have any one tried connecting a HP OO workflow to a Web service outside the OO Central?

I found the web services wizard in the HP OO Parent folder useful in creating a WSDL connection to a third party Web service. I have tried connecting to the WSDL service successfully. It brings in the default operations that the WSDL contains. a Web wizard log file is also generated. But I am unable to use this wizard from with in OO studio. Could some one take time to share a comment n this?

Any kind of help erg HP OO + web services Integration would be appreciated... Any kind of support material in not available with me to explain. Please do comment. That will be a great help.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP OO Web Services Integration

Hi,

WS Wizard is a tool to create web service flows. There is no usage of this tool from OO. Have you created the flows with the wizard? You can create flows with the wizard tool into an empty folder(in select repository step). After the creating the flows, import the created flows into your repository. And the imported flows will be in the "Library\Wizards\Web Services Wizard" folder.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your time and kind consideration in replyig me. Yes I have created flows from HP OO, just a test work flow to communicate with a third party web service. I have connected it to the WSDL using the Webservices Wizard, but when i complete the wizard, i am not finding anthing imported in the web services wizard in OO Studio.

My basic aim is to connect to a web service outside of the OO. either using SOAP/WSDL or using REST API. Is there any way of doing it with REST API that was available with HP OO Content pack 8. I also find RAS implemented through IActions Interface useful for a web service integration, as I am very new to the tool, I am getting confused with the available methods.

it would a great help, if you could take some time and provide a solution. Any releavant guidance would be of immense help.

Thank you

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Gates,
You did not find WS operations! this may be because you did not import it to your OO Studio console.

Use the menu item Repository to Import the folder exported by WSWizard tool

Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
https://www.itmthoughts.com
New version of Mahmoudthoughts witten by other IT experts
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • Gatesgopal Absent Member.
    Absent Member.

Hi Ibrahim, Thanks. Your help to the community s greatly appreciated.

I tried importing the repository I created using the Web Service wizard.I found it was due to some system issue and I have sorted that.

I want a OO workflow to connect it to some  external web services and do a 2 way interaction i.e from HP -> external Web services and web services-> HP OO. When i try this from the web service wizard, I can import default operations from a web service, but when i debug it in the central, some issues arise. 

As I am very new to HP OO, I may be doing something fundementally wrong. Can you please  list out in general, the requisites (input parameters of the work flow ) and options available to connect a HP OO work flow to an external web service.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

Gates

0 Likes
    Absent Member..

Hi Gates,

Have you read the section "Creating operations from Web services" in Studio Authors Guide? After creating the web service operations with wizard tool, and importing the operations into your development repository you can debug the service.
    Can you explain us the errors that you are getting? Are you sure of the remote webservice working status? Is it stable?

I recommend you to use the SOAP IU utility tool to check/test the webservice.

The parameters of the webservice operation in OO are changeable according to the web service parameters.
    If you add the errors that you are getting, I might help you about your issue.

0 Likes
    Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your help.

Yes, I have read the "Creating operations from web services ". I have Created operations using the wizard, imported into the repository  and I have started changing the web service parameters. I have queries regarding changing these web services parameters. I am figuring out this only today morning, so I will get back to you if I have difficulties.

The remote web service I am trying to connect is stable, I have checked the status using SOAP UI.

Btw, I don't posses great knowledge with HP OO, I came to know about 2 other ways to connect to remote webservice from OO. Using RAS, Iactions and REST API.  I have been trying that, facing quite a few  issues. I scrapped it and I am trying it now.

Do you have any comments on these methods, Particularly about IActions. I know I can connect it to a web service using JAVA code. But I face issues in importing the jar file I created using into the IActions folder. I am following all the steps in OO SDK for loading I Actions.jar file into studio. Yet my IActions.jar file is not listed in the  create operations from RAS windows when I try to import into OO.

Would you recommend me to proceed with web service wizard or will RAS be a handy choice?

Any comments on this will help me a lot to move ahead with the issue.

PS: My java code I am using in the IActions.jar clean of errors and exceptions and executable. Is there any other steps that I need to follow ?

0 Likes
    Absent Member..

If I don't misunderstand you are trying to call a thirdparty web service from OO flow, right?
    Sorry, but why do you need IActions for your flow? Its really easy with Web Service Wizard. If it is hard for you to use the operation that you created with Web Service Wizard in your flow, try to use HTTP Post method with "/Library/Operations/HTTP Client/Http Client Post Raw" operation. In simple web services I use "/Library/Operations/Wizards/Web Service/Invoke Method 2" operation for calling web services but in complex web services I use HTTP Post operation. I ve created my own SOAP xml data in the flow and after that call the Http Client Post Raw operation, and get the response XML and get the use the XML filter operations. All these things are in OO flow. There is no need to use custom code.
    If you use HTTP Post, you have to create your XML data; if you use Invoke Method you have to use JSON format, thats a simple rule in OO.

I attached a simple flow using HTTP Post Raw operation calling a test web service "http://soaptest.parasoft.com/calculator.wsdl"
    The test web service might not be running but the flow will help you about using the operations.

I hope it will help you a little.

Absent Member.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help. I have created  a similar flow using simple Invoke Method 2 .  In my case and I found problems in executing that  flow.

My web service is stable. I have checked that using SOAP UI, might be I have some missed something.

Your flow is definitely going to help me to look where I went wrong.

Thanks for the reply

0 Likes
    Absent Member.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried out the calculator work flow. With that I have created my own work flow.

The web service I am trying to connect is also stable. I have checked it with SOAP UI. 

I am done with SOAP Request in my web service.

I have problems with the SOAP Response, in HP OO, where do we write the SOAP response in case we need to retrieve some information from the web services we are trying to connect? does the RAS operator has any role here?

Thanks,

Gates

0 Likes
    Absent Member..

Sorry for the late reply. Actually I could not understand what do you mean by "RAS Operator"? Can you describe your problem a little specificly?

In OO, which operation did you use to call the web service? If you use HTTP Post Raw operation(The sample flow that I have sent earlier), check the "Get Error Info" step's results to get the informations. With the help of XPATH queries you can get the info that you want. 

0 Likes
    New Member.. Starjammer
    New Member..

I know this topic was posted for years back now, but I am encountering a similar issue wherein I try to use the WS Wizard to create operations for web services (to Remedy), but it just creates an empt folder. Even when manually navigating to the folder, it only has an empty ERI file. How did you solve your issue and create the operations?

0 Likes
    The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.