Absent Member.. KrisMusard Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP OO - What is the maximum size of a Flow Variable ?

What is the maximum amount of data a flow variable in HP OO can hold? It seems to be limited to about 256K?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. SmithSnb Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP OO - What is the maximum size of a Flow Variable ?

UP

0 Likes
vba
Visitor.

up

0 Likes
wildbill001 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Several years (and versions) ago, I asked one of the developers.  At that time they said, "There is no size limit.  Other than how much memory is available."  I knew that probably couldn't be right but couldn't get any other answer.

And don't know if that still holds for current versions.

Take this with a grain of salt.

Bill

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As far as I remember, size of variable while running flow (on memory on central and RAS) is very high. But less data is written to DB (value truncated), so it cannot be seen full value from past runs.

Also found some operatiosn (like ssh shell) truncate data for large outputs. So be ready to use alterntives like redirect to temp files, split on more steps, pre filter data, ...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.