euanhume Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP OO install - a java exceptions has occurred

I have been trying to install HP OO on my Windows 7 64bit machine and i recieve an error when i try to startup OO for the first time. I recieve "Java Virtual Machine Launcher - A Java Exception has occured".

Has anyone else encountered this issues and has a resolution? 

I tried have removed all versions of Java and re installing which hasn't made any difference. 

Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of the error. 

Many Thanks, 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
MiquelVidal Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: HP OO install - a java exceptions has occurred

I have the same problem, any idea?

Thanks!

0 Likes
MiquelVidal Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In my case I deployed the "all in one" installer, I have use "studio only" and it works :S.

I hope it helps 🙂

0 Likes
NeilZhang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try to uninstall OO.

Delete directory C:\Program Files\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP Operations Orchestration.

Delete directory C:\Users\yourname\.oo

Install again.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. sakthisam Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Still Java Exceptions error arise , i could not open the hpoo studio , i have tried all the solution which is been provided in this portal post. even removed and uninstalled everything. Same error occurs , kindly provide the solution. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

I know it might sound silly, but have you tried running studio expressly with "Run As Administrator"?

In some cases the windows UAC may block the executable from writing to specific locations and in turn not allow the java JVM (required to run studio) to start. 

If this does not help, could you look under the studio workspace in the studio.log (c:\users\<your user>\.oo\logs\studio.log being the default path) and provide more details about the error?

Regards,

Vlad 

0 Likes
EASJosh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

In addition to what Vlad has advised above, and just to clarify, try both installing OO via "Run As Administratior", and then once installed again, run the EXE as administrator too.

I've faced this issue before when Studio has been installed without specifying to run it as administrator, and installed Central on a test Windows 7 64 bit machine yesterday with no issues,

Cheers,
Josh

--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, please click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.