Absent Member.. Trimuk Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP OO log deletion

Jump to solution
Hello Forum, Is there any settings available under central, which can be used to delete the old logs and memory dump files(centra/bin/)? OO version:10.10 Thanks, Trim
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. mitko_bt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP OO log deletion

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you are referring to the memory dumps under Central/bin folder, please feel free to delete them manually.

I'd also suggest increasing the Java Heap size, as apparently the allocated memory is not enough, hence you can see some memory dumps created in this folder.

You can increase the Java Heap size from the central-wrapper.conf file found under Central/conf folder. 

For example:

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=2048

Regards,

Mitko

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Trim,

Thanks for your post! Are you referring to any specific log file?
In general, the majority of the logs like general.log, execution.log,wrapper.log etc. found under .\central\var\logs are managed from the log4j.properties file, which is found under .\central\conf.

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
Mitko

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, i am referring to general,execution logs and also memory dump files.

How to delete the memory dump files?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you please provide me with the filename/location of the memory dump files, that you would like to delete?

Thanks,

Mitko

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you are referring to the memory dumps under Central/bin folder, please feel free to delete them manually.

I'd also suggest increasing the Java Heap size, as apparently the allocated memory is not enough, hence you can see some memory dumps created in this folder.

You can increase the Java Heap size from the central-wrapper.conf file found under Central/conf folder. 

For example:

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=2048

Regards,

Mitko

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

The only logs I see that are not being controlled are the localhost_access_log's.  Could you  please tell me about these files?  I don't see any way to control them in log4j.properties

Thanks,

Trim

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Trim,

The localhost_access_log's are handled by a 3rd party library in Tomcat, which seems to support only switching between monthly, daily or hourly logging, but it's not possible to manage the number of logs.
In order for us to fix this in the code, we need to replace the logging library. It turns out that the replacement cannot be done as part of a hotfix due to potential regressions and most likely will be handled in the next minor version.

Regards,

Mitko

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.