HP Operations Orchestration Automation Execution Plugin
I would like to know if any of the nonstop developers had used - HP Operations Orchestration Automation Execution Plugin.
I found a link below not sure how can it be useful in our development. Is it compatible in our current system?
Where to do begin?
Depending on what is your use case.
You can start by installing the Jenking plugin for OO in your Jenkins server and then configure a job that trigger OO flows. You can, for example, build an OO content pack automatically in Jenkins and then trigger a flow in OO that automates the testing process.
Is this what you have in mind to enhance your development process?
Thank you for your immediate response. I really appreciate you kindness.
Please bear with me as my background is the old-fashioned way green screen of HP Tandem-Nonstop.
When you say use case - what is the meaning of that?
Currently we just moved all our COBOL/TAL source codes to be in GIT repository instead of nonstop production environment.
As you've mentioned my steps will be.
1. Install Jenkins plugin for OO in Jenkins server - how do i check if we have Jenkins server?
2. Configure a job that trigger OO flow - I'm so sorry what does this mean. I'm totally lost. Can you please guide me thru example. A screen capture if you don't mind?
I was asked to see if the HP Operations Orchestration Automation Execution Plugin is compatible with our current nonstop and how we could make use of it.
Hopefully you can help me thru the process. Thank very much for you time.
My original reply was under the impression that you are using HPE Operations Orchestration today and you wan to enhance the continous integration/deployment of HPE OO content by using the Automation Execution Plugin, apologizes for that.
HPE Operations Orchestration is the most common and powerful process automation workflow engine.
The plugin you've mentioned below enables Jenkins (common build system used for example to package software automatically) to trigger HPE Operations Orchestration workdlows.
An example of an use case can be:
- Jenkins monitors code changes in Git repository
- When someone commits a change; Jenkins automatically creates a package of your application
- After the package is created Jenkins triggers (using the Automation Plugin) an OO flow that deploys the package created in the prev step on multiple NonStop devevelopment instances
To use the plugin you need to have at least one Jenkins instance and HPE Operations Orchestration running. Currently OO is not supported for NonStop. I'm not sure about Jenkins support got NonStop.
The step by step instructions to install this plugin are llisted here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/HP+Operations+Orchestration+Automation+Execution+Plugin
So, there are several items that you should consider such as:
- What process you want to automate? OO can automate almost every process so you need to identify what you want to do with OO
- Get a bit familiar with DevOps term and the tools used when dealing with DevOps scenarions; You mentioned Git it is very common SCM used in combination with Jenkins build system
- Then try to install the plugin as mentioned above.
Yes you are correct - Currently we are not using HPE Operations Orchestration. That will be my action plan
task to use HPE OO. That is why I'm gathering all the information/s I can get. I appreciate your assitance
looking into my inquiry.
Yes you are correct again - the objective of the task is the make the process automation workflow automatic.
Definitely all these cases are exactly what we have in mind. You read my mind.
I want to learn all these cases and present to the team.
An example of an use case can be:
• Jenkins monitors code changes in Git repository
• When someone commits a change; Jenkins automatically creates a package of your application
• After the package is created Jenkins triggers (using the Automation Plugin) an OO flow
that deploys the package created in the prev step on multiple NonStop devevelopment instances
I will look into the installation link.
But I'm not sure what are the prerequisite intalling the above? Do i need Jenkins server or something like that?
I will try and will get back to you.
Thanks very much,
I've installed Jenkins and the HPE OO plugin.
I'm stuck in the configuration. Truststore file field. ? Any idea
"In the Truststore File field, enter the absolute path of the JKS truststore used for communication with the Operations Orchestration server over SSL."
Trustore is a file used by Jenkins to connect to other systems through SSL. In case you are using HTTP connection (not reccomended) the file will not be used. In case you are using HTTPS connection to OO you should ensure OO certificate is imported in trustore.
Please find more details on certificates here:
Sorry haven't logon for awhile. Also I have to reset my logon password. :-).
Thanks very much for the all the helpful information. I will look into the link you've mentioned.