Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Trusted Contributor.. LSantana Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

HPE OO Studio User Authentication

Hi All,

It's possible to enable authentication login to use OO Studio in 10.60 like in 9.06?

Thanks

Sant'Ana, L

Operation Manager, Network Node Manager, SiteScope and BSM - AIS Certificated Professional
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: HPE OO Studio User Authentication

Hello Sant'Ana,

Can you give us more info on what would be the usecase for which you would use Studio Authentication?

for the 10.x flavour Studio is a standalone tool which shouldn't require external authentication as it contains its own worker to debug executions. 

For when you need to remotely debug/execute your flows on an external Central worker, you do have the need for an authentication mechanism. THis can be configured from the Connections Setting menu.

Regards,

Adi

0 Likes
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

It is not, however, the user will not be able to interact with the Central Server without authenticating and those accounts can also be locked down as needed.  For instance, in order to use the "Remote Debugging" feature (which is what allows the user to run a flow from Studio in Central), the user will need to be assigned to a Role that has the "Remote Debugging" permission.  Without that permission, the user will only be able to use Studio locally and would have to create a CP to deploy to Central, and, in order to do the Deploy, the user would need another permission, Manage Content Packs.

-Scott Eppler · Cloud Engineer · Coda Global

Trusted Contributor.. LSantana Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

So the End User does not need to authentication to use Studio because the repository is on own workstation correct? And i can consider the "LDAP User Machine" authentication to own user Windows profile?

Operation Manager, Network Node Manager, SiteScope and BSM - AIS Certificated Professional
0 Likes
seppler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I would say that that is mostly correct, however, I would add a clarification when you say 'repository'.  There is a local repository that the user will be using that exists on their own workstation, but that local repo can also be tied to an SCM (either SVN or Git) the syncs with a remote repo.  That remote repo would have its own, separate authentication that the user would enter when he/she sets up the remote repository.

For the last part about the "LDAP User Machine", I'm not clear on what you're referring to so I can't comment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.