Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HPOO 10.60 - Pending Cancel

Jump to solution

I have flow showing in the Run Exployer with the status "Pending Canel" yet the runtime is stil increasing as if it is till running. I can't find any way to kill it. What do I do? I am logged into Central as admin

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPOO 10.60 - Pending Cancel

Jump to solution

Hi,

While the execution is in pending state it is still viewed as active, therefore the running time counter continues to count up.  In most cases the cancel  execution should clear it as soon as the current step of the execution is over. In rare cases it can happen that this takes longer than expected and flows will appear stuck in the pending cancel state. If the flow seems stuck in the pending state for long periods of time a central service restart will force the execution to go into the correct state.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

While the execution is in pending state it is still viewed as active, therefore the running time counter continues to count up.  In most cases the cancel  execution should clear it as soon as the current step of the execution is over. In rare cases it can happen that this takes longer than expected and flows will appear stuck in the pending cancel state. If the flow seems stuck in the pending state for long periods of time a central service restart will force the execution to go into the correct state.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

it was showing 22 hours on the runtime for a automation that runs in 6 minutes typically. I came in today and it had finally canceld with a runtime of 1 day 4 hours. Not sure why.

0 Likes
prabhur34
Visitor.

Jump to solution

How is this resolved? I tried restart, but did not help and the flow durations is still on the move and status still Pending Cancel.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

In OO both pause and cancel actions for executions get resolved after the current execution step is completed. In some rare cases it can happen that the execution is stuck within the operation of the step which will mean that the current step will never complete, leading to the flow execution being stuck in a pending state.

I saw that you have tried restarting central. If the behavior persists contact support for a procedure that can force the pending flows into the final status.

Regards,

Vlad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.