Valued Contributor.. ChongYC Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

HPOO & CSA Topology Components Integration

Jump to solution

Hi all, I've designed a simple content pack using HPOO studio to send email notification and successfully imported into HPOO content packs. However, the content packs is not visible in CSA Topology Components' import wizard and consequently no way to import into CSA.

Any idea on what are the potential issues which might lead to this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor.. SauliusB Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: HPOO & CSA Topology Components Integration

Jump to solution

If you want to use you flow as CSA Component Lifecycle action flow should meet following requirements:Capture.PNG

P.S. Please note that most basic information on CSA Topology designing is located on official documentation. But agvanced ones comes from expierience and hard hard work with (no)support...

11 Replies
Contributor..

Jump to solution

If you want to use you flow as CSA Component Lifecycle action flow should meet following requirements:Capture.PNG

P.S. Please note that most basic information on CSA Topology designing is located on official documentation. But agvanced ones comes from expierience and hard hard work with (no)support...

Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi SauliusB, thanks for your information. Appreciate if you can provide a custom sample OO's content pack/flow design that is compatible with CSA.

0 Likes
Established Member.. mlenze
Established Member..

Jump to solution

If you don't have a LIFECYCLE_PHASE input defined on your flow, you can still use it to create a component in CSA by using the Create Component option as opposed to Import Component.  In my use of Topology design, I've rarely used the Import option.  If you're still not seeing your flows in in the library when using the Create Component option, let me know what version of CSA you're using. 

The note attached above about needing to ensure you have a success and failure state for each flow is important - if a flow doesn't have a failure state and you create a lifecycle action out of it in a component, the flow will never be kicked off in OO and CSA service design deployment will fail.

Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi mlenze, I couldn't Create Component as the 'HP Operations Orchestration' is not part of the provider. Do I need to activate it somewhere?

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Chong,

Please find attached some generic content pack... (just change file extention to jar)

Tt has flows of couple components... check if you can se them...

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Chong,

Create your own provider for your CSA Topology Component first... which in your case should be "HPOO"...

on Content Pack I provided should be "SC"....

it can be generic provider without any special properties, it type name should be same as from yout path of component flows:

Library > Integrations > Hewlett-Packard > Cloud Service Automation > Components > $ProviderTypeName > $ComponentType > $Version > @Flows

generic_provider.PNG

P.S. Have you read Topology Documentation?

CSA_450-460_TopologyComponentsGuide

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks SauliusB! I managed to make it available in CSA already! However, I've question on the value parsing from CSA to OO's content pack. How does it flow? Any hints?

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Chong,

It depends what you want to parse?

There is strict rule for flow property names: DO NOT USE '_' in property names except "prev_..." properties on Modify flow

If you want to pass something to oo flow form CSA, your flow should have input properties which "assigned from" value

If you want to send something form OO back to CSA put it flow output properties (evade same property names as they are in input part, expierienced showed that some times CSA mixes inputs and outputs if names are the same)

everything else is in CSA Topology Component Property and Component Operation Input/Output mapping...

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

I would like to pass value from CSA to OO, please advise on what should I choose for the 'Assign from' and 'Assign to' column? By the way, need your help to have a look on the Inputs; and any issue with this design (based on Base Library - Send Mail)?

OO's Flow - Input Parameter.png

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

To pass values from CSA to OO flow (not step) required input properties should be have "Assign from" suould have same name as that property name (at least oour practice is following).

Next is to bind operation input property with required component property (usually it is done automaticaly when new operation is imported or whole component is imported)

Last is to bind specific component property with subscriber option in your desing if you palnning to create offerings form your topology desings.

P.S. If you are planning to use your flow as Deploy flow for your component  Irecomend you to use proper names for your flows... Check CSA Topology documentation for more details. 

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

thanks for the information

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.