HPOO Supports VMOTION

Hello , Can I anyone knows HPOO Supports VMOTION? Thanks Regards, Akshatha
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Re: HPOO Supports VMOTION

If you mean the HPOO server being vMotioned then we have done that a few times with no impact to HPOO or the running/scheduled flows. 

If you mean HPOO doing the vMotion of other VMs unfortuntely I do not know, but would like to know myself.

0 Likes
Established Member.. demena
Established Member..

Virtualization is supported both on the server side of the OO Central, as well as with the infrastructure it manages.

I havent seen any specifically designed workflow for forcing a vMotion from one ESXi host to another.  I can imagine the potential use cases; however, I believe there are potentially better ways to address them.

I know HPE has VPV which allows you to move the VM easily.  vCenter itself can enable much of it as well.

If you did use the VMware APIs you could potentially design a workflow that involves a vMotion activity.  The workflow would have to specifically follow a loop that identifies the host it is on, and wait until the host it is on is officially recorded on has changed.  This could be tricky though because I believe as soon as the switch is flipped I think it reports the new host although there may be trailing operations.

Its a good idea to suggest as a content pack improvement.  I am curious if CloudSlang has anything like this documented.

0 Likes
Established Member.. demena
Established Member..

I had a chance while developing a workflow today in studio to look deeper.  In the virtualization content pack there are specific library integrations that support what you want.  As for borrowing from another, I dont have a script.

It's called "Move Virtual Machine" and it is included in the 1.6.0 release of the Virtualization Content Pack.

scuda20 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes OO handles VMOTION well. Running CSA4.5/OO10.22/vCenter6. We do this frequently and in large batches in test ranges. We have a definition file whereby we deploy 8 vms per template per blade (54 blades) and then "migrate" them to different configurations based on our definition files. Our requirements are very specific so we don't want to rely on vCenter DRS in some instances.

Akshathasridhar
New Member.

Thanks All. Here we are doing HPOO server vMOTION .
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.