MJQ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPOO:Supports Windows 64bit?

Cannot find it in any documentation, but the install popped a pretty specific error...then CONTINUED the install!?!? - Can anybody find anything that specifically says either 32 or 64bit for Windows? (They DO specify for Linux)...
Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Valued Contributor.. Andrew Conner Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: HPOO:Supports Windows 64bit?

As you know, the requirements guide for HPOO 7.2 states "Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (Standard, Enterprise, or Datacenter edition), 32-bit"... My experience is that if its not explicitly stated, then it isn't officially supported.

As far as functionality, it runs as a 32bit app on a 64bit Windows, but I haven't done extensive testing.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Andrew Conner Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

As a follow up, i just noticed in the HPOO 7.5 docs that 64-bit is explicitly specified as being supported...

------
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (Standard, Enterprise, or Datacenter edition) Service Pack (SP) 2, 32-bit or 64-bit, with the August 2008 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems applied. For information on applying the time zone update, see support.microsoft.com, Knowledge Base article 951072.
------
0 Likes
MJQ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPOO 7.2 only supported 64bit in Linux, but not windows.
HPOO 7.5 supports both in 64bit.
Thanks Andrew
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.