Honored Contributor.. RiverRat_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

HPOO and dealing with Day Light Savings time

Curious how folks have dealt with Day Light Savings time determination / usage in HPOO flows.  OO doesn't have any means of dealing with Day Light Savings time that I've ever seen.  

Outside of hardcoding when DST starts and ends for a list of years, has anyone dealt with the programatically in HPOO ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
DmitryGinz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPOO and dealing with Day Light Savings time

could you specify an example of the problem/usage you'd like to solve?
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. RiverRat_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: HPOO and dealing with Day Light Savings time

Say something is inputting date/time in format ... so the format maybe like this:

2012-03-11T02:00:00

Technically on large parts of the US, 2am doesn't exist on March 11 2012.  So in Spring I would that it would be that hard to programmatically look for anything from 2:00am through 2:59am and change it to 3:00am to 3:59am.

The fall is another matter.

Nov 4 it goes back in 2012.  The issue becomes there are two 1am's on Nov 11. For the Central timezone there is  2012-11-04T01:00:00-06:00 and 2012-11-04T01:00:00-05:00.

I can't conceptually get through my head how to deal with this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.