Sandeep173 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPOO input params

In HPOO flow  any data that the flows require must either be specific, unchanging values or be stored in flow variables,  which are variables that flow authors create in Studio. When you create a schedule, you can specify input values using these flow variable names created in Studio. For example, the flow variable host stores the IP address of the server which is is provided  on the inputs tab of the box in which you create the schedule, you would supply the IP address of the server you’re interested in.

Now my query is if there is any means where we can pass the input values through properties file comprising of key value pairs located externally. The key is the input name and value will hold the placevalue of the corresponding key. Now when i load the flow providing the relative path of the properties file  in the design studio it should load the input parameters automatically rather then providing it in Studio. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
scuda20 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: HPOO input params

Yes of course that is feasible, I do it all the time. I have a properties file that contains 52 fields of information about a specific machine. You underlying flow needs to expect that information such as "Read from file" or XML query from file etc..

See screenshot. This is a flow that will schedule a subscription from MPP at a certain time/date. We supply various vars such as orgname, offering name etc.. but fileNames is the properties file I have created. The flow it's calling will take the full path, which in my case is /opt/files/<filename> and parse it using the "Read from file" operation. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.