Frequent Contributor.. wverbo Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

HPOO on Windows : How to read a file that is on a unix server ?

Hi,

HPOO is installed on a Windows platform, no RAS on unix.

We do not want to download the file to be read on a Windows server, just read it remotely.
Is there a simple solution without installing a third-party product such as Samba ?
Or is it absolutely necessary to install a RAS on a unix server ?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. AlexGg Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HPOO on Windows : How to read a file that is on a unix server ?

If you have RAS installed on Windows, it has included both J-RAS and N-RAS capability. So then use ssh or similar ways to get on the UNIX and do whatever you have to do.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

If you share the folder that the file exists you can use "File Read" operation under the "/Library/Operations/File System/Windows Only" folder( I hope this one solves your problem).

But if you will read an excel file, you have to copy the file to the RAS and after have to use the operations under the Excel folder.

We have some problems too about remote file read and especially remote write operations. If you can solve your problem please explain us too.

Regards.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sorry for the previous post. The Read File operations folder is not "Windows Only". It is in the Cross Platform if the file is in unix server.

Regards.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlexGg Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Guys,

I just faced with the following problem: We do migration from 7.x to 9.x

We got flow, which is reading unix file. It used the operation:

/Library/Operations/FileSystem/Cross Platform/Read from File

This operation working perfectly under 7.x and reads line by line in the loop, but it seems to me does not work the same way in 9.x.

The problem is in the following: after this step (read from file) we have scriptlet step, which is parsing the file.

So result of the second step is not the expected.

Anyone know what it might be?

So ideally I need just read the file (similar to INI style) and parse it by variable=value. File is in Lunux created by perl with "\n" added at the end of each line.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.