Dan Oviatt Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
368 views

HTTP Client Get issue

I am writing a workflow to do a http get against another application to pull back a list of snmp profiles. The xml that is returned however isnt properly formatted (multiple <string> elemnts on the same line) so xml filters and xpath queries arent working on the output. Any suggesstions on how I can get the xml output properly formatted?

0 Likes
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HTTP Client Get issue

Will you be able to provide a sample of the xml being returned that you want to parse? I find it strange that your parsing is affected.

You might convert that xml to json and from json back to xml using OO's operations but at this stage I do not think these extra steps are necessary.

worth giving a try with a concrete example of what you want to achieve

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Dan Oviatt Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: HTTP Client Get issue

I figured it out. When I copied the output from the debugger to use in creating the filter I got a little extra at the end that wasnt xml code. Once I realized that and eliminated that the xpath queries worked fine.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.