Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HTTP Client Operations

I am trying to use the Http Client POST and/or GET to get content from a website page that has a single input. The web page uses a .aspx script and has a single input box on the page that requires you put the value in and hit enter. I've tried every combination of inputs on the operations, but no matter what I do the document return acts as if I did not provide the value for the input box.

Below represents what should be passed:

Agent/Adapter: 
        <input name="InAgent" type="text" value="myValue" onchange="javascript&colon;setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'InAgent\',\'\')', 0)" onkeypress="if (WebForm_TextBoxKeyHandler(event) == false) return false;" id="InAgent" />&nbsp;
        Enter as much of the Agent name that you have and press Enter to run the query.
        UPPER or lower case can be used.&nbsp;

I'm providing in the POST operation the inputNameList = InAgent and the inputValueList "myValue" but what gets returned looks as if the value was never passed.

Agent/Adapter:&nbsp;
        <input name="InAgent" type="text" onchange="javascript&colon;setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'InAgent\',\'\')', 0)" onkeypress="if (WebForm_TextBoxKeyHandler(event) == false) return false;" id="InAgent" />&nbsp;
        Enter as much of the Agent name that you have and press Enter to run the query.
        UPPER or lower case can be used.&nbsp;

What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Andrey_C_OO
New Member.

Re: HTTP Client Operations

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum. 

My name is Andrey, I am from the OO/CSA team. 

Regarding your question,  please provide your OO and CP version and if possible please add some screenshots about the inputs and the result of the operation. 

Best Regards, 

Andrey Corrales Torres | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Operations Orchestration / Cloud Service Automation.

Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HTTP Client Operations

Hi,

In order to make things easier to get the required inputs for the http client  operation try first entering something and submitting it while having the dev tools from your browser active and see exactly how the request looks like when hitting the submit button. From what I see you have given us the html code from the page, not the actual request being made..  You are looking for the network tab in the dev tools not elements. 

Regards,

Vlad

LE: For the forum Post button the request looks something like the following:

Request URL:http://community.hpe.com/t5/forums/editpage.editorform.form.form.form
Request Method:POST
Content-Type:multipart/form-data

While the body contains the message i posted and some extra encrypted bits. (it is too big to post and i am not allowed to atach a txt document only jpg/gif/png files are allowed)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.