Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. KedarB Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

How Access Mails From Gmail Account

Hi Team,

I just wanted to Read mail from my Gmail account.

Currently I am able to read mail form INBOX folder only using Get Mail Messages Operation form Base content pack.

Please  provide details on

How to access mails from other folders also (sent mail, starred, Drafts )

How to access only Unread mails.

PFA Eroor logs for other folder names.

Thanks in advance

-kedar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How Access Mails From Gmail Account

I also have the problem with accessing the Out of the box folders like Sent, drafts etc... However any created folder OO can access, I created a simple Personal Folder and OO was able to read it

Regarding only reading unread mails, what is you ruse case you are trying to build, that would make it easier to provide you with a more informative answer

Thanks

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi  

Thanks

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hey Kedar

I see, is deleting the mails after processing not an option for you? or move a processed mail into a "Processed Folder"

That would solve the issue if you don't want to delete it

For reading from the start , what I have configured before was adding a "mail message count" operation at the start which gets the count of emails in the inbox, assign this value into a variable to be used by the loop operation

I am assuming your using a loop operator to run through the mailbox? If so Just assign the "Mailbox Count" variable in the message number field and then with the loop increment with -1, this will then run through the loop from the count until message 1

Hope this answers your question

Let me know if you require more assistance

Ciao

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi 

Thanks In advance 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Not a problem

Not sure to do it in OO for now, will have to do some testing

However what I could maybe suggest is maybe add a write to csv or such into the FLow, when there is an error it dumps all the details of that mail to a csv which you can later check and investigate and reprocess the mail as you have all the info

Other suggestion is to have another gmail address where you forward all mail to, just as a backup when things go wrong with the primary mailbox,to find and reprocess the mail if needed

These are just things I can think off off the top of my head, no promise that it will work

I will spend an hour or 2 today to run through your use case and see if there is a simpler solution

Ciao

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.