Tony Okusanya Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How Do I assign LDAP user to a Role

Greetings

I have an HPeOO 10.6 installation and we use Active Directory Authentication

We assign role membership based on AD group membership. I need to assign a user to a role in HPOO without using his AD group membership. 

In OO 9 this was possible by creating an internal user linked to the Domain user account.

I appreciate your assistance with this

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How Do I assign LDAP user to a Role

you need to go to the rols and map the group from the LDAP to the OO role you prefer.

you can find more info on the specs

Andrei

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Tony Okusanya Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Andrei

Thanks for the response. The problem I have is I want to assign a role to an active directory user without using an AD group. I have a user I need to grant OO rights to but the account isnt ina group I want to grant access

In OO9 this could be done by linking an internal account to the AD account but I dont see that in OO10

Thanks

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

when you go to the LDAP there is a setting: Alternate Groups.

You need to use that for the desired behavior.

Try to follow the specs on this area.

if more info is needed, let me know

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.