imthekrish Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How does passwordless SSH works in HPOO ??

Trying to understand how passwordless ssh shell and ssh command operations work in HPOO.

Server A is hpoo server and server B is remote server where i need to SSH to as some su user. What user on server A is actually perform SSH to server B ? I know Im able to connect because of keys present on both servers but i dont understand what happening in background when i run my flow from central or RAS. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: How does passwordless SSH works in HPOO ??

You need to have SSH keys on your RAS servers and targets.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes I know that, I have keys on both, my question is 

which user is performing ssh, is that root or the user who is running flows currently ?

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

The usernamed you passed in the ssh operation. Typically you have a service account. That service account is used to make the connection and run the command. In many of my own flows, that commands starts by "su"ing to a different user account who has the privelges neccessary to perfom the command.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes that user is on target server, i'm asking about the user on HPOO server ? 

Trying to understand what exactly happens when i run my flow and flow reaches SSH command / SSH SHELL step. what user on HPOO server is performing the SSH to target server ?

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You could try to reach here: https://github.com/CloudSlang/cs-actions/blob/cdc988fbd471f8a8d33ae730bbba48a9ad34c873/cs-ssh/src/main/java/io/cloudslang/content/ssh/services/actions/ScoreSSHShellCommand.java and investigate more.

As far as I remmeber you can use a private key file with no passphrase thus not provide any "password" input and it will allow you to connect, of course using the provided private key file.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I completely get the concept of keys and performing SSH. The thing i dont understand is ...

when u ssh from Server A to Server B, you should be running as some user a on server A. My question is simple here who is the user a when we execute flows and SSH from HPOO server to client

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Check the user that is set on the Central or RAS service in the windows services or the user which started those processes on the linux machines.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How does passwordless SSH works in MF OO?

> you can use a private key file with no passphrase

You can have a passphrase but you need something like pagent to remember it and each server needs to consult it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.