Highlighted
Absent Member.. LiQi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How make RAS connect Central throught the firewall

hi,

we want to install oo in a distribution environment. there are RAS server and central server in the different domain, and a firewall between them.

I check the OO installation doc. it shows RAS server communicate with Central server with boardcast.

is there anyone know how to configure special IP in RAS so that it can connect to Central server directly

what ports are used for communication between RAS and Central? how the firewall should be configured?

thanks at advance,

Qi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Contributor.. ChristineB Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: How make RAS connect Central through the firewall

The default JRAS port used is 9004.  This port is set during JRAS installation and can be changed to a different port if needed (although most use 9004).  Port 9004 will need to be open through the firewall so that Central can connect to the JRAS via port 9004.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. 0orellana Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: How make RAS connect Central through the firewall

Greetings,

I readthis post and I have a quick question regarding source and destination IPs for the JRAS port 9004.

Does NRAS connect to JRAS via port 9004  or the other way around  JRAS(Linux)  ==>  NRAS(Windows) 

I just installed HPOO 10.50 which I plan to upgrade to 10.80 and need to know the JRAS (Central) port requirements.

Thank you,

Oscar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.