Kvark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How quickly get VM count from data store?

Jump to solution

Hello, I need to know how many vm's are on datastore - I have look already into get vm's in cluster but not manage how to limit it to one datastore only and make it count... 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
In water, the microbes...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kvark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How quickly get VM count from data store?

Jump to solution

So will answer for my self 😄 

"Simple search" with "Advanced Search" from Vritulization CP (1.5.1) does that just perfect!

Simple search with propsType = ClusterComputeResource will give id and name of all clusters in dc

Advanced Search with propsType = Datastore; propsPathset = vm; propsRootObjType = ClusterComputeResource; propsRootObj = cluster id from step above; 

For output will be vmCount with 2 filters: 

RegEx: vm:.[^|]+

Scriptlet filter: scriptletResult = scriptletInput.split('}').length -1

In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Trimuk Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I am not sure about the OOTB operation but you can check the following link for script to retrieve the VM's from a datastore.

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/453255?tstart=0

Try the powershell operation from OO to execute the script.

Thanks,

Trim

0 Likes
Kvark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

thnaks, it give me some ideas to try, however in my case I am not allow to use powershell maximum scriptlets.. 😞

In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
0 Likes
Kvark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

So will answer for my self 😄 

"Simple search" with "Advanced Search" from Vritulization CP (1.5.1) does that just perfect!

Simple search with propsType = ClusterComputeResource will give id and name of all clusters in dc

Advanced Search with propsType = Datastore; propsPathset = vm; propsRootObjType = ClusterComputeResource; propsRootObj = cluster id from step above; 

For output will be vmCount with 2 filters: 

RegEx: vm:.[^|]+

Scriptlet filter: scriptletResult = scriptletInput.split('}').length -1

In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.