Respected Contributor.. PFerreira Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

How to Configure Remote Command with Jumpbox Authentication before Acessing the RHEL Servers?

Hi,

Customer environment requires to authenticate in a jumpbox before to access any UNIX server.
For example:
To access the "myserver" RHEL server as root user we have to use the following hostname in a SSH client:

gu=<my guest user>@root@myserver@<jumpbox hostname> 2222

After that we got a prompt from the jumpbox asking "my guest user" password...after typing the password we got access to "my server" as root user.

There is no way to access "myserver" as root user (or any user) with no authentication in the jumpbox.

We must to configure some OO flows to execute remote commands against RHEL servers...based on the above information, does anyone know if is it supported by OO and how can we configure the OO remote command operation options in order to access and execute a command in these RHEL servers?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Paulo Ferreira

0 Likes
1 Reply
Respected Contributor.. __Daniel__________ Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: How to Configure Remote Command with Jumpbox Authentication before Acessing the RHEL Servers?

Hello Paulo,

You may want to check into the SSH Shell operation, this operation allows you to work with different prompts so you can predict when its which login and send the right credentials. Dont forget to review the description on that operation it will show you how to use the filters.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.