Trusted Contributor.. KedarB Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

How to Recover Deployed Content

Jump to solution

Hi All

How can we recover/get deployed content in central if we dont have copy of jar file ..?

I have content pack deployed in central but now i dont have copy of that in my workspace nor jar file for same to enhance the content.

Let me know if i am missing something.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

-Kedar

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to Recover Deployed Content

Jump to solution

Hello Kedar,

I understand your points here, however currently we rely on customers to follow our good practices to develop and store contents. As you mentioned we have the option to use SVN as an option to manage your created contents.

Regarding the feature, OO what it does is to store the CP on the database, so in the case you point out of rolling back the last CP, it just import it from the database, but as you mentioned it only works with the last CP deployed.

So that being said, officially there is no way to recover the contents from Central. 

Hope this information helps to clarify the situation.

Thanks! 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Kedar,

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum.

My name is Carlos, I am from the OO/CSA team

Regarding your question, unfortunately currently the product doesn't provide such functionality, so there is no way to download the CPs from Central. 

An Enhacement Request was open for such functionality, but it was rejected:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01393444

Hope this information finds you well.

Thanks! 

Carlos Rojas

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Brett Simpson_1 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Rejected? from 2015..? this sounds like a very usefull ER.. i'm sure no one at HPE / Microfocus has ever accidentaly deleted, or had previous employees loose the original custom content...

was the ER just too hard?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. KedarB Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Carlos

I am surprised to know why this is not taken into considerations.

Please consider following scenarios and clarify:

what if I want to enhance/fix/edit content in production deployed flows whos project/ content pack is no more available.

What if SVN goes down or crashes ...(which is possible as HPOO uses many third party repos other than local repo.)....n you dont have access to SVN so to contents...so HPOO will be totaly dependent on other appilications which is not good thing.

I believe HPOO has this functionality but needs to be exposed to users.

When we rollback the changes in central it actually performs the recovery of last content pack only...but HP (microfocus) is not exposing clarity / interal process for same.

I would request to provide at least 1 version backward content recovery option.

Let me know if i am missing somthing.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Kedar,

I understand your points here, however currently we rely on customers to follow our good practices to develop and store contents. As you mentioned we have the option to use SVN as an option to manage your created contents.

Regarding the feature, OO what it does is to store the CP on the database, so in the case you point out of rolling back the last CP, it just import it from the database, but as you mentioned it only works with the last CP deployed.

So that being said, officially there is no way to recover the contents from Central. 

Hope this information helps to clarify the situation.

Thanks! 

Carlos Rojas

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Brett,

Unfortunately the reasons of why an ER is rejected or approved are above my role, so I can't provide you much more details about the same. 

I appreciate your understanding.

Regards!

Carlos Rojas

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Simply put, the export is on the roadmap.

I cannot provide an estimate on it. I cannot even say if it will eventually reach the product. Internally we are already conducting POCs around it.

I suggest checking the content promotion best practices: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1VqSvJz11AbMDF5bVFHblE3STg 

It should answer why the feature you are requesting was not implemented from the very beginning and why the request was also originally declined as seen on Carlo's link.

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.