Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

How to abort CP deployment processes

Hi,

I tried to run some CP deployments on my OO 10.70 with no success, apparently due to some db connection problems.

Now if I try to deploy again a CP I receive the error message "Another deployment, rollback or deletion is already running. Try again later."
I also tired to run a deployment using the API issuing a curl command, with no success.

Now, I noticed that querying the table OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES I got following results:
SELECT ID,STATUS,CURRENT_CP_NAME,CURRENT_PHASE,CURRENT_STEP_NUM,NUM_OF_SUB_STEPS,CURRENT_SUB_STEP,KEEP_ALIVE,DEPLOYMENT_RESULT,CREATION_DATE FROM "THOO0003"."OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES";

ID STATUS CURRENT_CP_NAME CURRENT_PHASE CURRENT_STEP_NUM NUM_OF_SUB_STEPS CURRENT_SUB_STEP KEEP_ALIVE DEPLOYMENT_RESULT CREATION_DATE
373400003 PENDING <null> FILES_DOWNLOADING 0 0 0 0 <null> 1540387947202
410600001 PENDING <null> FILES_DOWNLOADING 0 0 0 0 <null> 1540391934011
373400002 RUNNING <null> SAVING_DEPLOYMENT_UNIT 16 1 1 479 <null> 1540387391365

So there are three deployment processes (2 in pending and one in running status) that I do not know how to stop.

This situation is persistent and I could not fix either if I restart the OO Central service.

Do you know a (safe) way to purge the db and kill/abort these deployment processes definitely?

thank you

Giulio

0 Likes
6 Replies
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to abort CP deployment processes

Hello Giulio,

Regarding your issue, please try the below:

These are the recommendations at the DB level, please engage your DBA team to do the following:
-Check the OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES table for any record with STATUS = RUNNING, and convert the CREATION_DATE (https://currentmillis.com/) and determine if it's an older deployment.

-Check the status of the deploymentKeepAliveJobTrigger quartz trigger in the OO_TRIGGERS table. Verify when was the last fire time and what is the next fire time. If they are far behind, the trigger may be in a bad state (see TRIGGER_STATE column). This job should run every 5 minutes.

-Finally, delete the records from the OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES and O_DEPLOYMENT_RUN_STATE tables (each should contain only one record) to be able to run other deployments.

Regards,

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Super Contributor..

Hi Luis,

thank you very much for your reply!
I did not understand how should I behave with the OO_TRIGGERS table... these are my results:

SELECT * FROM OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES WHERE STATUS = 'RUNNING';

ID 373400002 
STATUS RUNNING
CURRENT_CP_NAME <null>
CURRENT_PHASE SAVING_DEPLOYMENT_UNIT
CURRENT_STEP_NUM 16
NUM_OF_SUB_STEPS 1
CURRENT_SUB_STEP 1
KEEP_ALIVE DEPLOYMENT_RESULT 479
CREATION_DATE 1540387391365  ... which is Wed Oct 24 2018 15:23:11 (so it's old)

SELECT * FROM OO_TRIGGERS WHERE TRIGGER_NAME = 'deploymentKeepAliveJobTrigger'

TRIGGER_NAME deploymentKeepAliveJobTrigger
TRIGGER_GROUP DEFAULT
JOB_NAME deploymentKeepAliveJob
JOB_GROUP DEFAULT
DESCRIPTION <null>
NEXT_FIRE_TIME 1520869080047 ... which is Mon Mar 12 2018 16:38:00 (so very old)
PREV_FIRE_TIME 1520868780047 ... wich is more or less the same: Mon Mar 12 2018 16:33:00
PRIORITY 0
TRIGGER_STATE BLOCKED
TRIGGER_TYPE SIMPLE 
START_TIME 1512553080047 ... Wed Dec 06 2017 10:38:00
END_TIME 0
CALENDAR_NAME <null>
MISFIRE_INSTR 0
JOB_DATA <null>
SCHED_NAME local-scheduler-persisted

Finally SELECT * FROM OO_DEPLOYMENT_RUN_STATE

ID 164700001
DEPLOYMENT_PROCESS_ID 165800016
KEEP_ALIVE 47

Do you think that under these conditions we should delete the records from OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES and OO_DEPLOYMENT_RUN_STATE tables ?

Thank you
Giulio

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hello.

As suggested, I cleaned-up OO_DEPLOYMENT_PROCESSES and OO_DEPLOYMENT_RUN_STATE along with the content of OO_DEPLOYMENT_CP_FILES that still showed the pending CP that I was going to deploy on a previous attempt.

I reset to WAITING the TRIGGER_STATE of all the entries of the OO_TRIGGERS table that I have in BLOCKED state
(there were many in BLOCKED state: splitJoinTrigger, queueCleanerTrigger, recoveryVersionTrigger, deploymentKeepAliveJobTrigger, stepExecDataCleanerTrigger, centralMonitorTrigger, queueRecoveryTrigger)

After a Central service restart I tried again to deploy my CP.
This time the deployment process at least starts, but eventually it get stuck on the last step.

On the log I could see that info every 5 minutes:
2018-10-30 12:08:00,215 [local-scheduler-persisted_Worker-11] (DeploymentProcessServiceImpl.java:289) INFO - checkAndFailStuckDeploymentProcess() --- Deployment is in the progress
2018-10-30 12:13:00,110 [local-scheduler-persisted_Worker-7] (DeploymentProcessServiceImpl.java:289) INFO - checkAndFailStuckDeploymentProcess() --- Deployment is in the progress
2018-10-30 12:18:00,069 [local-scheduler-persisted_Worker-20] (DeploymentProcessServiceImpl.java:289) INFO - checkAndFailStuckDeploymentProcess() --- Deployment is in the progress

The same happens even if I try to delete my CP (after a further clean-up of the tables and a delete attempt).

So... thank you for the information so far, they helped me at least to unlock the situation and "start" the deployment processes again... but it seems there are some other issues on the db that prevent the deployment processes to complete in a normal way.

kr
Giulio

0 Likes
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Giulio,

There is definitely something going on, on the Database side. Please, open a support case so that we can further investigate this issue.

Regards,

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Super Contributor..

many thanks Luis,

I opened a case with support to investigate further as you suggested...

kr

Giulio

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.