wildbill001 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How to best call a cloudslang flow from an "traditional" OO flow

Since you can't put cloudslang content packs in Studio so the cloudslang flows can be used as a step, what is the best way to have a "traditional" OO flow invoke a cloudslang flow?

It looks like what you would have to do is have the OO flow perform a REST call to Central to invoke the flow.  Is that all that needs to be done or am I missing something?

Ultimately, what I am trying to do is integrate OO with Azure.  All I can find are cloudslang content-packs, not OO content-packs.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to best call a cloudslang flow from an "traditional" OO flow

That is a way to go.
Of course you can also use the dynamic launch flow to trigger such flows in case you find it appropriate too as it has built in benefits and do subsequent rest API calls to grab info about the run that you just triggered.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,
Azure OO content is also available in OO Cloud Content Pack (latest versions)

Let us know your feedback as soon as you try any of these options.

Lucian
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If you are looking to integrate to Azure, considering the latest 2018.05 release that you have avaiable for OO also has the enhanced OO Designer that lets you import and author with both CloudSlang and Desktop Studio based content I would suggest it will be a plus to start integrating your flows directly in the OO Designer.

A brand new enhanced authoring experience, you'll end up writing cloudslang flows that you can deploy directly on Central and trigger on Central.

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
wildbill001 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Lucian,

This (the Cloud content pack with Azure) may well be the best way for the customer I am working with.  They have no plans, that I am aware of, to upgrade OO and/or CSA to HCM in the near future.  In the meantime, they are looking for a way to accomplish what they were promised.

I'll dig into it today and see if they will be happy.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Please note that OO is available as a standalone solution as well. If there is a plan to upgrade and get access to the latest fucntionality, you also have the posibility to choose the OO 2018.05 path.

HTH,

Adi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.