Absent Member.. djanu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to change log level and enable rollover for localhost_access_log

Is there a way to change log level and/or enable rollover for localhost_access_log.xxxxx logs located in /central/var/logs. I know some of the log levels can be adjusted in /centra/conf/log4j.properties but I can not find anything for localhost_access_log.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to change log level and enable rollover for localhost_access_log

Hello djanu,

thank you for contact HP Forum.

Regarding your request enable or disable levels into localhost_access_log, it is not possible, because is necessary for troubleshooting HPOO maintains this configuration.

Neverthless inot the Log4j.properties we can find the following configuration:

#loglevel can be any of DEBUG INFO WARM ERROR FATAL

log.level: INFO

exacution.log.level: INFO

deployment.log.level: INFO

I hope this information helps you.

Best Regards,

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Do these log levels apply for localhost_access_log as well?

log.level: INFO

execution.log.level: INFO

deployment.log.level: INFO

The issue is for us is that localhost_access_log.DATE logs are generated everyday and they are 50-140MB each which creates more than 3GB per month. We are trying to reduce the amount of data these logs create and automatically rollover. Right now we have to go and manually delete these log files.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Djanu,

Thank you for your rely,

Do these log levels apply for localhost_access_log as well?

No, to they do not apply these changes.

This information into the log files is growing, but this behavior is normal and necessary for troubleshooting.

I know that you want to look at how logs are retained and rolled/size etc, but if you do a change into these files,  It may hinder RCA (Root Cause Analysis) in some cases.

I hope this information helps you.

Kind Regards,

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
Absent Member..

This makes no sense. Are you saying we have to keep localhost_access_logs forever? Are you also saying there is no way to configure these logs to delete files older than 60 days?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Djanu,

I found in the SSO db: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01163067

Logfiles consume fast the available disk space

The issue is in investigation status and planned for future release.

The workaround:

Tomcat itself does not do any housekeeping on the old files, the general principle on a Unix system is to have a cron job set up on the system to archive older files into a backup directory and/or delete them.
In addition you can write an OO flow and schedule it.

I hope this information helps you,

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.