Dondon22 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to control which RAS to use in OO 10.60?

In my current OO 9.07, I use to copy the step and change the RAS settings to point it to Linux or Windows... I am wondering how I can do that in OO 10.60 Thanks in advance 🙂
In IT there is no Magic, just Logic ^_^
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to control which RAS to use in OO 10.60?

Hi, 

In oo 10.x the worker management can be done through 2 ways: Group Aliases or override groups (overrideNRAS/overrideJRAS).

In order to use Group aliases you have to copy the operation and replace the group alias on the copy and use the copy in the flow. This can become quite difficult when you want entire subflows to use the group alias.

The easier method is to use override groups. In oo 10 all operations have an override group defined as ${overrideNRAS} or ${overrideJRAS}, depending on the operation being .net based or java based. Now because of this the variable can be worked with either globally in the form of system properties, or locally in the form of flow variables. My personal preference is to modify these values on flows using flow variables, rather than working globally, In order to modify the values do the following:

- before the step(s) that require to work on a specific worker/worker Group place a do nothing step if you need to modify both nras and jras variables, or a set flow variable step if you only need to modify one of the two

- in case you use the do nothing route in the field one select use constant and the value set to the group name you wnat to use and the assignTo filed set it to overrideNRAS. Do the same on field 2 but the assignTo field set it to overrideJRAS

- in case you use the set flow variable  route under the keyName input type overrideNRAS or overrideJRAS (as needed) and unde the value the name of the group.

- in case you want to run entire flows with the modified group on the canvas for the flow add the inputs overrideNRAS /OverrideJRAS (as needed) with assignFrom set as the name of the input

- once you are done with the group limitation requirement add clear flow variable steps for overrideNRAS and overrideJRAS as needed

In case you have more questions feel free to ask.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.