MiquelVidal Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to deploy OO on ubuntu server without X

Jump to solution

Dear Experts, 

Do you know if there is a way to deploy HPE OO on ubuntu server without X services?

2016-09-30 11_47_46-Ubuntu OO [Corriendo] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png

When I try I raise SWING java exceptios, I see on deploy manual that Terminal with X is required. In other HPE tools (like HPE Service Manager) you can launch "console" deployment but on OO I don't find any option.

2016-09-30 11_45_06-Ubuntu OO [Corriendo] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png

Also I see there is unattended way with properties file, any example?

Thanks, Miquel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to deploy OO on ubuntu server without X

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is possible on both windows and linux to install OO using silent install. You have to configure a silent properties file and then invoke the  installer with installer -s [path to silent.properties]/silent.properties.

The oo install zip contains under the doc folder a sample silent property file with instructions as to what each property does.

Regards,

Vlad

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is possible on both windows and linux to install OO using silent install. You have to configure a silent properties file and then invoke the  installer with installer -s [path to silent.properties]/silent.properties.

The oo install zip contains under the doc folder a sample silent property file with instructions as to what each property does.

Regards,

Vlad

MiquelVidal Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Vlad it works like a charm!

True, there is an example on docs folder from oo.

2016-09-30 13_02_10-_.proper - Resultados de la búsqueda en HP_OO_Community_Edition_MLU_SW_E_Media_T.png

Best regards!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.