Absent Member.. Gary_MM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to enable DB2 connection from HP OO Central 10.20

I got the answer to this question (see below) when using Studio, but now that I am trying to test in HP OO Central 10.20, I'm hoping someone can help provide a counterpart solution when using Central.

Thanks,  Gary.

To enable DB2 LUW connections from HP OO Studio, you need to copy 2 drivers from the IBM DB2 software directory to the HP OO software directory as shown below..

1. Create the 2 highlighted directories within the HP OO Studio directory structure.

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orchestration 10\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin

1. Copy the following 2 DB2 drivers (jar files) from the below IBM directory into the above newly created HP directory.

C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java

db2jcc.jar

db2jcc4.jar

Then you can utilize the HP OO provided operations like ‘SQL Query’ for DB2 LUW databases (that you have access to).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
HararZafrir Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to enable DB2 connection from HP OO Central 10.20

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately, OO central does not support DB2.

You are able to develop content (flows) that connect to a DB2 database (or any other type of database)

as long as you provide a suitable database connector and as long as your code compiles...

OO central on the other hand has a set of supported database types: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL.

If you attempt to connect central to DB2, you will end up with a failure as OO central will not recognize the database type and will not know how to properly set up the schema, or how to properly format the SQL queries.

HTH,

Harar

0 Likes
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to enable DB2 connection from HP OO Central 10.20

Hi Gary,

To have the content working from Central you actually need to package the 3rd party libraries you are mentioning in a Content Pack and deploy that Content Pack into Central.

The documentation available here  provides some examples on how to do it for MySQL or other integrations. My suggestion is to follow those examples for DB2 as well.

Hope it helps,

Lucian Revnic

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.