Absent Member.. littlesweet7 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to execute a remote command with OO?

I have two machines named A and B, there are both win7 system.

I installed and run OO in A and want to execute a remote command on B.

I try to use the flow in Operations->Remote Command Execution->Remote Command and set the protocol as "Telnet", but it always failed.

Could anyone help? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to execute a remote command with OO?

Hi,

Is Telnet protocol enabled between your hosts? Have you tried to use "WMI" value for the protocol input?

Thanks,

Lucian

0 Likes
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

If you have to use Telnet protocol check the "/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/Telnet/Samples/Telnet Command Sample" flow. It helps you how to control telnet.

If you have to use "Remote Command" operation check the Telnet port(default 23) in both machines. Have you tried to telnet manually from command prompt? If you have not try to telnet from command prompt and if you cannot connect, check if any firewall exists between machines.

But if I were you I will use WMI protocol like Lucian said.

Try to use "/Library/Operations/Operating Systems/Windows/Remote Command Execution" operation. Just activate "Remote Procedure Call" (default port 135) and "Windows Management Instrumentation" (default port 445) services in machine B.

Regards.

0 Likes
jadda Absent Member.
Absent Member.

to execute remote command in HP OO , we have 2 operations

1.Remote command execution (windows machines) [operations\os\windows\remote command execution]

2.Remote command (linux machines) [operations\Remote Command execution\Remote Command ]

if u r target machine is windows use 1st Remote command , otherwise use 2nd Command(set protocol as 'wmi' ).

if u r target machine is Unix/Linux  use 2nd remote command ,give protocol as 'ssh'

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.