vshivanna Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to find ping results for multiple servers

Hi,

can anyone help in creating a flow to ping multiple servers. I have used list iterator but it pings for only one server.

Thanks,

Soundarajan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to find ping results for multiple servers

Do you really need the two threads for the same question?

With your list iterator, your input will be a delimited list of servers (e.g., server1;server2;server3); add a new result inheriting from Result Field: result, this will capture one server as it iterates through the list.

You then make this the input to the ping operation.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I need to ping multiple servers and also display the ping results for that servers. I tried what you replied, but it was pinging only for the first server(multiple times) and displays that result. I have used List Iterator, Local Ping and Display flow runs in that flow.

Thanks,

Soundarajan. 

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I have attached the output screenshot of that flow.please check and help me if you know.

Thanks,

Soundarajan.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I don't see any attachments?

It sounds like you are assigning the same server to the ping operation. Make sure the 'assignFrom' field is set to the variable your list iterator is using as output.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did the same thing what you said, ie., I used List iterator and my input is 192.168.65.23,192.168.65.25 and also I add a result field in list iterator. And In local ping, I gave Result of Previous step in Inputs summary.

But when I run the flow, the ip address 192.168.65.23 was pinging multiple times. And also I can see the ip address 192.168.65.23 is changing to 192.168.65.25 in the list iterator. But again the 192.168.65.23 is taking as the targetHost. Can you help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Soundarajan

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have made an example flow for you; there are many ways to accomplish what you want and this is just one example.

The list of servers are entered as a Flow Input; the list then iterates the servers and does one ping operation per server. The results are appended to a list, displayed for each server and at the end it displays ALL results in one view.

This is very basic use of HPOO covered in the Studio guide and training sessions for HPOO.

The flow was made with HPOO 9.07.01 CP11

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.